A practical approach to trauma informed care
Introduction to Strengths-Based Practice
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
This course will teach delegates how to incorporate Strengths-Based values and principles into their work; it will enable them to recognise, and build on, the strengths of the people they work with. The course will help delegates to develop practical next steps to make existing processes and practice more Strengths-Based. The session will also look at common misconceptions about the approach and how to challenge and overcome them.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of Strengths-Based Practice.
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have direct client contact
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a Strengths-Based way.
What will you learn?
- Understand what Strengths-Based practice is
- Be able to recognise deficit based practice
- Be able to identify strengths of the people you work with
- Understand how to implement elements of Strengths-Based Practice in your service
- Understand how Strengths-Based approaches interact with other practices and processes.
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation and a further reading list.
This course was created in partnership with MIND.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana administers our range of scheduled events & training.
020 7840 4497
11 Sep 2018 - 2:55pm
10 Sep 2018 - 4:43pm
10 Sep 2018 - 4:09pm