A framework to shape the funding of sustainable supported housing services.
It is vital that the supported housing system is fit for purpose and protects those who depend upon supported housing.
That is why, in consultation with our members, we have produced this statement of the principles by which we think any system should be judged. We believe these principles will ensure that an effective, dynamic and sustainable supported housing sector is there for everyone who needs it in the future.
Five key principles for the new supported housing system
In order to create a sustainable supported housing sector, the new funding system must be underpinned by the following five principles:
- Provide adequate funding on a sustainable basis so that supported housing is available to everyone who needs it
- Respond flexibly to the diversity and complexity of people’s individual needs and aspirations
- Encourage the sector to use its expertise to implement good practice, innovate and develop to meet future demand
- Support the commissioning of high-quality supported housing schemes that meet the current and future needs of local communities
- Develop in partnership with supported housing schemes and their residents
Share this page
Talk To Us
Michaela Des Forges
Michaela is policy manager at Homeless Link and leads on the Supported Housing Alliance.
5 Dec 2018 - 5:40pm
23 Oct 2018 - 12:43pm
9 Oct 2018 - 12:31pm