This course encourages strong reflection and self-awareness to ensure individual styles are effective.
Who is this course for?
- Managers and frontline staff from any homeless service
- Staff from other sectors who have contact with vulnerable people who may require advocacy support
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be aware of what advocacy is in a professional capacity
- Understand the role you play in advocating for vulnerable people
- Know when you are best placed to use advocacy skills and when it is best to use a specific advocacy service
- Know what effective advocacy looks like and how to avoid ineffective advocacy
- Understand your own personality style and how this can impact on effective advocacy skills
- Develop assertive behaviours to strengthen your own style
- Be aware of, when appropriate, how to empower vulnerable people with self-advocacy skills
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation and a course booklet that allows people to implement self-reflection and self-awareness and links to further resources.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am