Self-harm and suicide
The course will acknowledge that supporting people in distress who demonstrate this behaviour is in itself difficult and distressing. It will improve your confidence in providing such support. The course will encourage reflection from participants who have their own relevant experiences of supporting people who self-harm or are suicidal and will also include discussion of other practice based case studies. However this course not assume any prior knowledge or experience of these issues.
If you are interested in potentially running this topic through our live, interactive online in-house offer please contact James Cuming on 07375 042 815 or email@example.com
Who is this course for?
All staff members, including managers, volunteers and carers who work with people who self-harm or are affected by the issues brought up by self-harm and suicide.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
• Identify what we mean by self –harm, self- injury and suicidal behaviour and common myths that surround these behaviours
• Demonstrate a greater understanding of why people self- harm and attempt to kill themselves
• Demonstrate a greater awareness of the incidence and profile of self-harming and suicidal behaviour
• Demonstrate a greater awareness of the signs and signals of self-harming and suicidal behaviour
• Demonstrate a greater awareness of the causes of, and risk factors for, self- harm and suicide
• Identify what may or may not be helpful staff responses to people who self – harm and express suicidal thoughts
• Demonstrate a greater awareness of other sources of help
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered over three dates
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5 hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £825 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Associate members face to face: £945 plus Trainer expenses
Associate members online: £970 - no Trainer expenses
Non members face to face: £1,175 plus Trainer expenses
Non members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am