Develop your understanding to support women who are sleeping rough or are in homelessness services.
£15 million annual fund to support women's charities - this year's deadline approaching
Here's the full Guide for Applicants from HM Treasury.
Tampon Tax Fund – Guide for Applicants
The Government announced at Autumn Statement 2015 that it will operate a new £15 million annual fund to support women's charities. This is equivalent to the VAT raised on sanitary products each year. The fund will run over the course of this Parliament, or until the UK can apply a zero rate on sanitary products.
To be considered for the current bidding round, applicants should submit their detailed proposal by Monday 22 February 2016 to TamponTax.Fund@HMTreasury.gsi.gov.uk. Successful proposals will be announced at Budget 2016.
Proposals will continue to be welcomed after this date and will be considered for further announcements and bidding rounds.
The purpose of the fund is to support a range of good causes across the UK specifically benefitting women.
To be eligible for funding, the proposal should be affiliated with a registered UK charity, however all innovative proposals representing good value for money will be considered.
The core objectives of the charity do not need to be limited to sole benefit of women, as long as the proposed project is in line with the purpose of the fund.
Funding may be requested to support new or existing projects, and for multiple years.
Proposals will be ineligible for funding if they include activities:
- Intended to influence or that attempt to influence Parliament, Government or political parties
- That attempt to influence the awarding or renewal of contracts and grants
- That attempt to influence legislative or regulatory action
- That are restricted under state aid including the provision of direct products and services in a competitive market place
Applications for funding
In their proposals, applicants should include:
- The scope of the project, including: who will benefit, the specific objectives and activities that the funding will support, and how the recipient will demonstrate that the objectives have been achieved
- The amount of funding requested and the funding profile. Applicants should also consider the costs of performance monitoring and evaluation
- Whether the Tampon Tax funding will fund the entirety or part of the project
- Provide details of the registered charity that will receive the funding
- Indicate whether the charity and/or the project is currently receiving any other funding, including any Government funding
Additionally applicants are encouraged to provide an overarching executive summary.
There is no application form to apply for funding.
Please provide a telephone number and email-address for a named contact. The Treasury will get in touch if further details are required.
Due diligence will be completed on successful applicants.
HM Treasury, February 2016
Share this page
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
19 Oct 2018 - 4:36pm
11 Sep 2018 - 2:55pm