This course is ideal for anyone new to working in the homelessness sector, or for those who are looking to improve their awareness of homelessness.
Who is this course for?
Ideal for anyone new to working in the homelessness sector, or for those who are looking to improve their awareness of homelessness.
What will you learn?
- An understanding of why people become homeless
- A short overview of housing law & homelessness
- Context, facts and figures about homeless people and rough sleeping
- The government’s response to rough sleeping
- How homelessness affects different groups
- An awareness of the principal health issues for people experiencing homelessness
- Services that support people who are homeless
- Useful approaches for supporting people who are homeless.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
Sessions are not recorded. Slides will be sent electronically.
Cost and bookings
Member rate: £120 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-Member rate: £160 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite.
If you are booking training places for 3 or more people an invoice can be raised, please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with the names and email addresses of the delegates you wish to book.
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion
Homeless Link is committed to Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion. We agree that we must recognise and value difference and recognise and redress inequality and disadvantage. Please click here to read our EDI statement in full.
Bookings for larger groups
This course can be booked by staff teams of up to 20 people on dates that are convenient for your organisation. It can be delivered either through live interactive sessions online or in person.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £940 for up to 20 staff members.