The VCSE Energy Efficiency Scheme has so far received over 400 applications in its first month and we recommend your organisation applies today so you don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity. Not enough of these applications have come from the homelessness sector. That's why Homeless Link are working with DCMS to bring you a special webinar on February 29th at 1400hrs.
The Independent Energy Assessment will give a comprehensive evaluation of a building's energy usage, efficiency and potential for energy saving.
Following the assessment, an organisation may then apply to the scheme for a capital grant of up to £150,000 to install the energy saving measures recommended in the assessment.
The scheme is open to frontline community organisations across England. We’re particularly keen to hear from small and medium organisations with significant concerns around energy who are directly supporting individuals and communities with critical needs, especially those related to the rising cost of living. Examples include:
- Services that address poverty, including by providing food, warmth, emergency supplies or personal grants
- Shelter, accommodation and housing for those most in need
- Advice for people experiencing financial, housing or legal challenges
- Services that address specific physical and mental health issues
- Education, training and employment services that improve employability
- Community hubs or centres, out of which a number of these services operate
Applications are coming in fast - so come along and find out more.