Our annual two-day Leadership Summit provides leaders in our sector with the time and space needed to reflect on the past year and plan for times ahead, presenting the opportunity to learn from expert speakers as well as one another.
This year’s theme will be Shaping the future, focusing on how leaders can prepare for and create the strongest future for their organisation, the sector and the people they support. We will consider:
- the future of leadership: themes such as inclusive leadership; embracing change; balancing social responsibilities
- the future of your organisations: themes such as building a diverse board, risk-management and income generation;
- the future of the sector: themes such as understanding and utilising modern policy and technologic developments; calling for the change we need
The event will include keynote speakers and a choice of breakout sessions, as well allowing plenty of time for sharing of knowledge and experience. We will hold a networking dinner to round off the first day.
Speakers will include:
- Jane Ide OBE, CEO, ACEVO
- Rick Henderson, CEO, Homeless Link
- Maura Jackson, CEO, BACKUP North West
- Professor Peter Mackie, Cardiff University
- Sophia Moreau, Lead Associate, Getting on Board
- Fran Borg-Wheeler, Founding Director, Heart-Centred Leaders
- Jaishree Mistry, Senior Relationship Manager, Triodos Bank
- Amarjit Bains, Programme Lead, Bridges Outcomes Partnerships
- Fran Martin, Head of Fundraising & Communications, DENS
- Gaia Marcus Deputy Director for Strategy Programs and Partnership - Spatial Data Unit, DLUHC
- Tom Cannon, Head of Built with BigQuery, Google
We'll be welcoming delegates from 9.30am on Wednesday 6th December and will have refreshments available. To allow for travel, sessions will start at 10.30am on the first day, and the Summit will finish at 3.30pm on Thursday 7th December.
Who should attend?
This event is for CEOs and senior management of charitable organisations in the homelessness or supported housing sector.
The Welcombe Hotel
The Welcombe Hotel is Neo-Jacobean country mansion outside of Stratford-Upon-Avon, surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens.
The event will be held under the Chatham House Rule to allow attendees to network and share information freely, while the secluded location provides an opportunity to be truly immersed in learning and peer support.
Between sessions delegates can enjoy a drink in the historic bar, walk the beautiful landscaped grounds, or unwind in the hotel's swimming pool and spa.
The cost to attend is £425 per person for Homeless Link members (£565 for non-members). This includes one night accommodation at the hotel and a networking drinks reception and 3-course dinner on 6th December, plus catering throughout the conference.
If you are based locally and would like to book without accommodation included please enquire about reduced rates. For this or if you have any questions, please contact Events and Conference Manager, Alex McKenzie, Alex.McKenzie@homelesslink.org.uk.
Loved the time to get away and reflect, as well as learn loads. I'm looking forward to bringing more of my team next year!
There was a really inclusive and vibrant atmosphere at the event!
Really well organised; very relaxed but still very work focused. I thoroughly enjoyed it and, because it was so beneficial, I felt less guilty about taking the time out of the workplace!
Valuable quality time away from the office, personal space to reflect, learn and be inspired by others with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the sector. Thank you, I will be back next year!
Further leadership support
There are many ways Homeless Link can support you as leaders!
From regional leadership forums to personalised leadership coaching, we're here to support you and your organisation's development.
We even offer fully funded leadership development programmes for established and emerging leaders. These support participants to affect change, understand their impact and achieve organisational and financial sustainability.