This one-day course will cover modern slavery and its forms, including human trafficking, forced criminality, forced labour and sexual exploitation. The course will provide delegates with an understanding of how to identify potential victims of modern slavery, and how modern slavery interacts with homelessness.
Delegates will also be provided with an overview of the National Referral Mechanism – the support service available to potential victims of modern slavery – and how survivors are supported by organisations such as Hestia.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning about modern slavery and its forms, and how to identify potential victims, including:
- Frontline workers from the homelessness sector
- Frontline workers from the non-UK nationals sector
- Local Authority staff
- Course content
What will you learn?
This course will cover:
- An overview of modern slavery and its forms, both in the UK and worldwide
- An overview of the National Referral Mechanism, how to identify potential victims and how to respond
- Supporting survivors of modern slavery – needs and barriers to disclosure
- How homelessness interacts with modern slavery
- Please note that sensitive topics will be discussed as part of this training, and we incorporate a trauma-informed approach to our learning and discussions.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Wednesday, 21 September 2022 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Wednesday, 21 September 2022 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Wednesday, 21 September 2022 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-members - £125 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with your booking - please send the delegate name(s) and email addresses.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £885 for up to 20 staff members.