Webinar: Tackling Unconscious Bias
Your role supporting people who are experiencing homelessness, people in supported housing or people who could potentially lose their homes, can be challenging yet rewarding.
Meeting individuals from different backgrounds, with different life experiences and support requirements, will bring varying challenges to those working on the front line.
Understanding and being aware of unconscious bias is both a vital and valuable skill to have within yourself and within your organisation.
Who is this webinar for?
Frontline workers, managers of services and local authority workers.
What will you learn?
- Understand what unconscious bias is
- Understand the psychology behind our thinking processes, the how and why unconscious biases are formed
- Understand the sociological model which explains how values systems are created in individuals and how this is links to individuals developing unconscious biases
- Learn how to spot unconscious bias within yourself and/or within your service, and the possible impact of this on service users or colleagues
- Learn why we all need to be aware of unconscious bias, particularly in this sector.
- Learn how awareness of unconscious bias can support your organisation's equality and diversity strategy or goals.
- Learn the tools and strategies one can use to manage unconscious biases.
Members - £20.00
Non-members - £35.00
You will be invoiced for your booking.
Cancellation policy: You will receive a full refund if a place is cancelled more than 15 working days before the webinar. If 15 working days or less notice is given, the full fee will be charged.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am