This course teaches you how to create a supportive environment by exploring five important elements and empowering frontline staff to lead the change.
In this course, you will learn how to develop a psychologically informed environment. The course will look at the 5 key elements that make up a psychologically informed environment, and show how frontline staff can lead the change within their service and start their journey to becoming psychologically informed.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for frontline staff and operational managers in all services. It is advisable that services that book this course have an understanding or expectation of the psychological framework you will be using.
- Reflecting on your current service and the reasons you should work in a psychologically informed way
- Defining PIE - what PIE is and the rationale for services using this approach
- The 5 key principles of PIE
- How to apply the 5 principles in your role using a Strengths-Based Approach and how to embed reflective practice into your service
- How to link into services who have already implemented a PIE approach
- What skills do you need to work in a psychologically informed way?
- The challenges of working in a psychologically informed way
- How to plan for long term implementation of PIE into your service through effective action plans.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded. Slides will be sent electronically.
Module 1: Wednesday, 13 December 2023 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Wednesday, 13 December 2023 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Wednesday, 13 December 2023 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Member rate: £120 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-Member rate: £160 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite.
If you are booking training places for 3 or more people an invoice can be raised, please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.ukwith the names and email addresses of the delegates you wish to book.
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion
Homeless Link is committed to Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion. We agree that we must recognise and value difference and recognise and redress inequality and disadvantage. Please click here to read our EDI statement in full.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £940 for up to 20 staff members.