You will learn how to develop a psychologically informed environment. The course will look at the 5 key elements that make up a psychologically informed environment, as well as looking at how frontline staff can lead the change within their service and start their journey to becoming psychologically informed.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for frontline staff and operational managers in all services. It is advisable that services that book this course have an understanding or expectation of the psychological framework they will be using (a framework document will be emailed during the course for further support).
What will you learn?
- Reflection on your current service and the reasons why you should work in a psychologically informed way
- Defining PIE
- The 5 key elements of PIE
- What skills do you need to work in a psychologically informed way?
- The challenges of working in a psychologically informed way.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Have explored what PIE is and the rationale for services using this approach
- Have explored the 5 principles of psychologically informed environments
- Have discussed how to apply the 5 principles to their roles using a Strengths-Based Approach and embedding reflective practice into their service
- Be made aware of and be able to link into services who have already implemented a PIE approach
- Be able to help plan for long term implementation of PIE into their service through effective action plans.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Thursday, 14 July 2022 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Thursday, 14 July 2022 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Thursday, 14 July 2022 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-members - £125 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with your booking - please send the delegate name(s) and email addresses.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £885 for up to 20 staff members.