Who is this course for?
- Frontline workers and managers within homelessness and supported housing settings.
What will you learn?
Module 1: Exploring Stress, Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma
- The psychological and physiological symptoms and impact of stress
- The signs and symptoms of Compassion Fatigue, Burn Out and Vicarious Trauma and why they happen
- Discuss and identify personal and professional stress triggers related to personal, work and client/ person helped environments
Module 2: Practical strategies for wellbeing
- The importance of both reactive and pro-active self-care
- Unhelpful thinking patterns (Cognitive Distortions) in themselves and others
- Emotional wellbeing and stress management techniques including, grounding, CBT, Positive Psychology and the PERMA model.
Module 3: Supporting others (safely for you)
- Different types of empathy and how to practice compassionate empathy safely.
- How to reduce the risk of emotional contagion, burnout, and trauma when supporting others
- The importance of professional boundaries in relation to wellbeing
- 8 helpful steps to supporting others (before, during and after)
Delegates will receive a course workbook to use during the training, followed by post-course slides and a resources pack with further information, research, tools and useful links.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Monday, 26 September 2022 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Monday, 26 September 2022 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Monday, 26 September 2022 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-members - £125 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with your booking - please send the delegate name(s) and email addresses.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £885 for up to 20 staff members.