This course aims to develop emotional resilience amongst staff by exploring stress, compassion fatigue, burnout, and vicarious trauma, and develop strategies and techniques for managing self-care, emotional wellbeing and supporting others safely.
Who is this course for?
Frontline workers and managers within homelessness and supported housing settings.
What will you learn?
Module 1: Exploring Stress, Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma
- The psychological and physiological symptoms and impact of stress
- The signs and symptoms of Compassion Fatigue, Burn Out and Vicarious Trauma and why they happen
- Discuss and identify personal and professional stress triggers related to personal, work and client/ person helped environments.
Module 2: Practical strategies for wellbeing
- The importance of both reactive and pro-active self-care
- Unhelpful thinking patterns (Cognitive Distortions) in themselves and others
- Emotional wellbeing and stress management techniques including, grounding, CBT, Positive Psychology and the PERMA model.
Module 3: Supporting others (safely for you)
- Different types of empathy and how to practice compassionate empathy safely
- How to reduce the risk of emotional contagion, burnout, and trauma when supporting others
- The importance of professional boundaries in relation to wellbeing
- 8 helpful steps to supporting others (before, during and after).
Delegates will receive a course workbook, slides and a resource pack with further information, research, tools and useful links.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
Sessions are not recorded. Slides will be sent electronically.
Cost and bookings
Member rate: £120 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-Member rate: £160 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite
If you are booking training places for 3 or more people an invoice can be raised, please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with the names and email addresses of the delegates you wish to book.
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion
Homeless Link is committed to Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion. We agree that we must recognise and value difference and recognise and redress inequality and disadvantage. Please click here to read our EDI statement in full.
Bookings for larger groups
This course can be booked by staff teams of up to 20 people on dates that are convenient for your organisation. It can be delivered either through live interactive sessions online or in person.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £940 for up to 20 staff members.