Develop practical skills, knowledge, coaching skills and the confidence to support and empower your clients to overcome barriers and access education, training or employment.
What will you learn?
This course will:
- Identify the challenges people experiencing homelessness face in relation to education, training, and employment
- Define your role in relation to supporting, building ambition, and encouraging steps towards independence
- Identify the differences between advice, information and guidance compared to using a coaching approach
- Provide you with coaching and strengths-based tools to help clients overcome barriers, increase motivation, and achieve their goals
- Give practical advice on best practice CV writing, applications, job search and interview techniques
- Explain the importance of accessing support services and signposting
- Identify what “work readiness” and “in-work support” could look like.
Note: Following the training, each delegate will receive a pack with CV and mock interview templates and Transformational Coaching Tools that they can use with their clients.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline staff and managers within homelessness and supported housing settings
- Staff from other sectors who provide employability advice and guidance.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Tuesday, 21 June 2022 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Tuesday, 21 June 2022 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Tuesday, 21 June 2022 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price - if you are a Homeless Link member, you will need to login/create a login using your organisation e-mail address in order to access the member rate
Book and pay online
Bookings to be invoiced
For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. Please provide names and email addresses of the delegates wishing to be booked for the training. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our online training.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can be booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £885 for up to 20 staff members.