Develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to positively engage with the people you support, and to help them make real and sustainable changes in their lives.
Assessment & support planning skills
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
To deliver excellent support, you need to be able to fully engage the client in the process, complete an assessment that focuses on strengths and create a plan that both client and support worker agree with.
This training will help you to carry out assessment and support planning effectively.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to develop their skills.
- Looking at the assessment process
- The Strengths-Based approach within assessments
- Communication and power
- A look at the impact or our biases
- Setting goals and forming the support plan
- Assessment and the care act
On completion of this course you will:
- Know how to begin, build and conclude an effective Strengths-Based assessment process
- Be able to spot and manage common problems in assessment
- Know and have practised key communication skills relevant to the assessment process
- Be aware of Equality and Diversity issues within the assessment and planning process and have a strategy to mitigate these issues
- Be able to form and agree a SMART support plan that delivers timely outcomes
- Understand and have a core strategy to involve partners in the assessment and support planning process
- Have a personal action plan to help you get going after the course.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Enjoyable and informative course, content delivered at a relaxed pace, also good fun! ThanksIn-House session, St Paul's Hostel
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am