Organisations that support vulnerable people must ensure that the rights and interests of individuals are respected and that the work undertaken by staff fully reflects this. Mistakes can have serious consequences. This course will explain how you should manage professional boundaries in your daily work.
Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care for frontline staff
At a glance
Course type: Knowledge Who should attend? Front line support workers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
Delegates will also be given some practical resources for working in a trauma-informed way and will learn to recognise vicarious/secondary trauma within themselves and how to overcome it.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of trauma
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have contact with homeless people/people with complex needs
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically informed way
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Have had an introduction to Complex Trauma and its effect on attachment and the brain
- Have had an introduction to Trauma Informed Care and learnt practical tips to help support clients to regulate emotion, manage behavior and risks and create safe and empowering services
- Have had an opportunity to reflect on your practice in relation to the above
- Understand what Vicarious trauma is and know how to look after yourself.
Delegates will be provided with a handbook of resources.
Please note: due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. It is essential that they are aware of the course content beforehand, in order to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
I really enjoyed the training and the subject matter, it was really well presented and Jo was brilliant, very friendly and informative. I would attend again and am interested in pursuing this further.Sara Cockrill,
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am