Homelessness law, practice and the Homelessness Reduction Act
At a glance
Course type: Knowledge Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector who are working with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, who need support to navigate what statutory duties their clients may be owed by the council.
What will you learn?
This course will:
- Describe the key duties owed by the Council including the new duties of the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Identify how to make a homeless application to the Council plus when and how they investigate.
- Outline the duties owed to prevent and relieve homelessness and how they are brought to an end.
- Consider the requirements for carrying out an assessment of housing needs and producing personal housing plans.
- Discuss the five key areas investigated: eligibility for assistance, homelessness, priority need, intentionality and local connection.
- Evaluate how to best support clients achieve their best housing outcome.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am