Develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to positively engage with the people you support, and to help them make real and sustainable changes in their lives.
Homelessness: an introduction
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers, Volunteers and others
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
This course will introduce you to the homelessness sector. It will help you to understand the structural and personal causes of homelessness and why some people find it difficult to return to settled living. You will learn about the ways the sector tries to help people who are experiencing homeless and the problems and issues that need to be overcome. Finally, you will have an insight into the tremendous talents that people who are homeless have and are able to use despite facing enormous adversity.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers, frontline staff and volunteers who are new to the sector
- How and why people become homeless
- Definitions of homelessness
- Key aspects of Government policy on ending homelessness
- Local authorities’ responsibilities in relation to people who are experiencing homelessness
- The sector’s responses to ending and preventing homelessness
- Current challenges to ending and preventing homelessness
- The talent and skills that people experiencing homelessness possess.
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the social and structural issues that give rise to homelessness
- Understand why it is difficult for some people to return to settled living
- Understand a range of statutory and voluntary sector responses to ending homelessness and have gained an understanding of why this task is difficult
- Be able to identify the personal steps that you can take to deliver services or campaign for change.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Enjoyable and informative course, content delivered at a relaxed pace, also good fun! ThanksIn-House session, St Paul's Hostel
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am