Mental health and homelessness
At a glance
Course type: Knowledge Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
Mental health problems and homelessness are closely linked. Working in the homelessness sector you will provide regular support to vulnerable people with a range of mental health needs. This practical course will give you the skills needed to support clients experiencing mental health issues.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand different definitions and models of mental illness and disorder
- Understand the risk factors involved in poor mental health including past trauma and homelessness
- Better recognise the signs and symptoms of the major mental health problems
- Recognise the ways in which mental health services are structured and potential routes into them
- Be aware of services, treatments and other sources of help that may be available in their locality
- Be aware of good practice in supporting and communicating with people experiencing mental health problems
- Be aware of the main legal issues affecting those who are homeless and suffering from mental illness
St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester, M12 6FZ
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am