Recruiting and Managing Volunteers
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at staff and managers who are new to volunteer management.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Ensure that volunteer involvement leads to evidenced outcomes which can be used to develop the effectiveness of the service (e.g. to funders, in SP reviews and in CQC inspections)
- Learn from examples of good practice so that you can involve volunteers in a meaningful way
- Develop appropriate stategies, processes and procedures involve volunteers
- Develop a sustainable volunteer program in your organisation
- Get your colleagues enthusiastic about involving volunteers
- Understand the legal issues involved in recruiting volunteers
- Ensure that volunteering adds value to your service and to client outcomes
- Appropriately recruit, induct, manage, develop and retain volunteers
- Integrate volunteers within their services, dealing confidently with any fears or concerns
- Address the needs of a diverse team of volunteers
- Make the most of your volunteers' skills and enthusiasm
- Confidently take and implement decisions to develop or terminate a volunteer's contract.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
27 Jun 2019 - 2:18pm
Embedding Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) and the Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles in an organisation
7 May 2019 - 10:11am
21 Mar 2019 - 3:59pm