Soft Skills for Managers Training Programme
Please note this event has expired. To view our current calendar of events and training courses please click here.
How does the programme work?
Delegates may attend all of the days offered in their region, or they may attend their choice of days according to their requirements.
Unfortunately staff from organisations based in London or the South East of England are not eligible for this free programme of training on this occassion, and will need to access these courses from our main programme of training.
If you are looking for frontline worker training, please visit www.homelesslink.org.uk/events as this training is intended for managers only.
What will you learn?
The aim of this suite of training is to equip managers with the tools they need to:
- effectively manage organisational and cultural change
- develop an understanding of how to communicate effectively to motivate, influence, and persuade others, and to manage with emotional intelligence
- understand who their local partners are and what role they can play in homelessness prevention and response
- successfully set-up and facilitate reflective practice groups within their service
- understand how to unlock the potential of their staff to increase their effectiveness, motivation and fulfilment
- understand what complex trauma is and its impact, why implementing trauma informed care is necessary and to reflect on wider organisational systems and procedures.
Courses and Locations
Implementing and Managing Change
- West Midlands, Birmingham | 24 March 2020 | More information and to book
Effective Coaching: staff supervision skills
- South West, Bristol | 30 March 2020 | More information and to book
Introduction to Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care for Managers
- South West England, Bristol | 25 February 2020 | More information and to book
- West Midlands, Birmingham | 26 February 2020 | More information and to book
- Yorkshire and Humber, Leeds | 26 February 2020 | More information and to book
Implementing Reflective Practice within your Organisation
North East, Newcastle/Gateshead | 11 March 2020 | More information and to book
Yorkshire and Humber, Leeds | 12 March 2020 | More information and to book
West Midlands, Birmingham | 18 March 2020 | More information and to book
East Midlands, Nottingham | 24 March 2020 | More information and to book
East of England, Cambridge | 25 March 2020 | More information and to book
South West, Bristol | 26 March 2020 | More information and to book
North West, Manchester | 27 March 2020 | More information and to book
Partnership Working for Better Outcomes
- East Midlands, Nottingham | 31 March 2020 | More information and to book
Cost and Booking
The MHCLG have funded this programme, so there is no charge to attend.
Light refreshments will be provided, however delegates will be required to supply their own lunch.
Tickets are restricted primarily to Housing Options Managers within Local Authorities. There are a small number of places available to managers from voluntary sector organisations.
Places are limited, so in the case of needing to cancel your place, please let us know by contacting Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to enable us to offer your place to another person.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am