Wednesday, 26 June 2019 | London
This one day course explores common issues relating to managing tenancy agreements in supported housing.
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
This day will explore the key rules for Universal Credit and Housing Benefit and the need to claim housing benefit to cover rent for people living in supported accommodation. The session will also consider how to claim both benefits and the role of support workers in helping to claim these benefits and resolve difficulties that might be encountered with either.
Anyone who works in supported accommodation who needs further knowledge about the welfare benefit system and/or must give practical support to occupants who are dependent on welfare benefits.
On completion of this course you will:
• Universal Credit entitlement rules including the housing cost element
• Key Housing Benefit rules
• Alternative Payment Arrangements, Budgeting advice, Direct Deduction for arrears; including rent
• The process for claiming both UC and HB
• Problems in claiming these benefits for those in supported housing
• The implications of gaining employment in supported housing
• How support workers can be important in resolving difficulties
• Moving on from supported housing into private sector accommodation and the issues and problems that might arise
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
7 May 2019 - 10:11am
28 Mar 2019 - 12:27pm
21 Mar 2019 - 3:59pm