This course will provide an overview of Complex Trauma and explore how a trauma-informed approach can be safely and effectively implemented by managers across their teams.
Along with information about Complex Trauma and its impact, the course provides delegates with an understanding of why implementing trauma-informed approaches are necessary.
We explore key methods of applying a trauma-informed approach in services and delegates will have the opportunity to reflect on wider organisational systems and procedures.
Delegates will also be given information about how to recognise Vicarious/Secondary Trauma within their team and how they can support their staff to implement learning from their own training.
Who is this course for?
- Operational and Senior Managers looking to implement trauma-informed approaches across their team or organisation.
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically-informed way.
The course will cover:
- An overview/recap of Complex Trauma and an exploration of the impact on individuals
- What being trauma-informed looks like (including how gender-informed fits in with trauma-informed approaches)
- Applying a safety and strengths-based approach to staff wellbeing/support and how risk can be managed effectively through the lens of safety
- Complex Trauma and the impact on staff (Vicarious Trauma/Empathy Fatigue) and how managers can support as effectively as possible
- How to apply this to services using an internally driven self-assessment approach.
Please note that, due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. They must be aware of the course content beforehand, to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
Sessions are not recorded. Slides will be sent electronically.
Cost and bookings
Member rate: £120 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-Member rate: £160 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite
If you are booking training places for 3 or more people an invoice can be raised, please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with the names and email addresses of the delegates you wish to book.
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion
Homeless Link is committed to Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion. We agree that we must recognise and value difference and recognise and redress inequality and disadvantage. Please click here to read our EDI statement in full.
Bookings for larger groups
This course can be booked by staff teams of up to 20 people on dates that are convenient for your organisation. It can be delivered either through live interactive sessions online or in person.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £940 for up to 20 staff members.