This introductory course for frontline staff explores Complex Trauma and its impact on service users and introduces delegates to why a trauma-informed approach is vital when working with individuals with complex needs.
Who is this course for?
- Operational staff working with individuals with complex needs
- Operational management and support staff with direct service user contact
The course will cover:
- Definitions and exploration of Complex Trauma
- Explore how Complex Trauma impacts people
- Applying a safety and strengths-based approach to individual roles
- Complex Trauma and the impact it can have on staff (Vicarious Trauma/empathy fatigue)
- What being trauma-informed looks like (key principles and definitions)
- Development of individually tailored goals and actions to embed the key theories and principles
Please note that, due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. It is essential that they are aware of the course content beforehand, to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
Booking requirements - important, please read
This course is designed as a "part 1 of 2" of our Trauma-informed training programme.
- You may book this course on its own.
- If you wish to continue to the follow-up course, Trauma-informed: In Practice, this course must be attended beforehand OR
- If you have attended our previous Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care for frontline staff training with Homeless Link between April 2020-present, you are not required to complete the Theory and Principles course - you can proceed to "part 2" - Trauma-informed: In Practice which will build on the knowledge you have already gained.
Why book in-person training?
Alongside our successful online training programme, we will be re-introducing in-person public training from May 2022!
In-person training can provide a great opportunity to network with your peers in a classroom setting and during scheduled breaks.
We aim to deliver our courses in an engaging and dynamic atmosphere, that allows for positive interaction with your facilitator and peers, the sharing of ideas and knowledge, and to address questions and concerns you may have.
Refreshments and an energising lunch will be provided for your convenience so you can make the most of your learning environment and breaks, and of course, feel free to step out for some air without having to spend precious break times looking for a coffee shop!
Venues will be selected with COVID-19 safety and your comfort in mind. The classroom will be limited in the number of people as appropriate to the setting.
We look forward to welcoming you back in person for training!
Join us from 10.15am for morning refreshments.
The course will commence at 10.30am, concluding at 4.30pm, with the following approximate schedule:
- Classroom session 1: 10.30am-11.45am | 11.45am-12.00pm: Break
- Classroom session 2: 12.00pm-1.00pm | 1.00pm-1.30pm: Lunch break
- Classroom session 3: 1.30pm-2.45pm | 2.45pm-3.00pm: Break
- Classroom session 4: 3.00pm-4.30pm
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Cost and bookings
Members - £135 per person - the price includes refreshments and lunch. If you are a Homeless Link member, you will need to login/create a login using your organisation e-mail address in order to access the member rate.
Book and pay online
Bookings to be invoiced
For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. Please provide names and email addresses of the delegates wishing to be booked for the training. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our public training.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can be booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £885 for up to 20 staff members.