This course will explore the key rules for Universal Credit (UC) and Housing Benefit (HB).
Who is this course for?
Anyone who works in supported accommodation who needs further knowledge about the welfare benefits system because it is their role to give practical support to occupants who are dependent on welfare benefits. The course might also be useful for those who manage such accommodation services and those who have other roles such rent arrears officers and Resettlement workers.
What will you learn?
This course will cover:
- Universal Credit entitlement rules including the housing cost element
- Key Housing Benefit rules
- Alternative Payment Arrangements, Budgeting advice, Direct Deduction for arrears; including rent
- The process for claiming both Universal Credit and Housing Benefit
- Problems in claiming these benefits for those in supported housing
- The implications of gaining employment in supported housing
- How support workers can be important in resolving difficulties
- Moving on from supported housing into private sector accommodation and the issues and problems that might arise.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
Sessions are not recorded. Slides will be sent electronically.
Cost and bookings
Member rate: £120 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-Member rate: £160 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite.
If you are booking training places for 3 or more people an invoice can be raised, please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with the names and email addresses of the delegates you wish to book.
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion
Homeless Link is committed to Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion. We agree that we must recognise and value difference and recognise and redress inequality and disadvantage. Please click here to read our EDI statement in full.
Bookings for larger groups
This course can be booked by staff teams of up to 20 people on dates that are convenient for your organisation. It can be delivered either through live interactive sessions online or in person.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £940 for up to 20 staff members.