Who is this course for?
Anyone who works in supported accommodation who needs further knowledge about the welfare benefit system because it is their role to give practical support to occupants who are dependent on welfare benefits. The course might also be useful for those who manage such accommodation services and those who have other roles such rent arrears officers and Resettlement workers.
What will you learn?
This course will cover:
- Universal Credit entitlement rules including the housing cost element
- Key Housing Benefit rules
- Alternative Payment Arrangements, Budgeting advice, Direct Deduction for arrears; including rent
- The process for claiming both Universal Credit and Housing Benefit
- Problems in claiming these benefits for those in supported housing
- The implications of gaining employment in supported housing
- How support workers can be important in resolving difficulties
- Moving on from supported housing into private sector accommodation and the issues and problems that might arise.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Thursday, 8 September 2022 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Thursday, 8 September 2022 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Thursday, 8 September 2022 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Non-members - £125 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk with your booking - please send the delegate name(s) and email addresses.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £885 for up to 20 staff members.