A one-day course exploring current good practice in supporting women who are sleeping rough or are utilising homelessness services.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who work with women.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand how gender and trauma informed practice can be integrated into existing ways of operating.
- Understand how to support women sleeping rough and in services to stay safe.
- Understand what support can be given around domestic abuse, and sexual violence or exploitation.
- Learn about provision of support for women experiencing multiple disadvantage including mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Learn about how to support women around pregnancy and contact with children.
- Understand how to develop more opportunities for women such as peer support networks.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Thursday, 26 May 2022 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Thursday, 26 May 2022 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Thursday, 26 May 2022 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price - if you are a Homeless Link member, you will need to login/create a login using your organisation e-mail address in order to access the member rate
Bookings to be invoiced
For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. Please provide names and email addresses of the delegates wishing to be booked for the training. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our online training.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation. This course can be booked to be delivered in-person (subject to government advice).