This course is similar to the Introduction to Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care course for frontline staff but is aimed specifically at Operational and Senior Managers.
Harness Your Potential: building resilience and emotional well-being
Who is this course for?
This is a course for everyone! The programme is based on the core principles:
- Most of us experience self-limiting thoughts and beliefs; and that recognising them is the first step to overcoming them.
- Through the study of neuro-plasticity we now know that our brains continue develop through our lives; and that it is possible to change some of these old thought patterns and belief systems within ourselves.
- Practicing self-compassion and positive self-talk supports our emotional wellbeing and self-efficacy.
- We all have a unique, yet limitless potential; believing in this and harnessing it, enables us to keep moving forward in a positive way.
What will you learn?
Participants enjoy a wide variety of engaging and fun activities which enable them to explore aspects of Applied Cognitive Psychology, Positive Psychology and Neuro-Linguistic Psychology, through a light-touch yet effective way. Emotional safe-guarding has been embedded throughout the course design and in delivery and participants are not asked to disclose any personal details or explore sensitive issues.
The programme takes place over two days and is split into four modules:
Module One: Understanding How Our Minds Work
- How we create beliefs and obstacles (Applied Cognitive Psychology)
- How the mind works - a foundation for positive change
Module Two: Laying the Foundations for Positive Change
- Mindfulness and Self Compassion
- Positive Self-talk
- Positive Psychology Approaches for emotional well-being
Module Three: Identifying Outcomes
- Mapping current situation vs aspirations
- The 'Comfort-Zone' and how to venture outside it
- Identifying and framing desired outcomes
Module Four: Making Change Happen
- The mechanics of 'Motivation'
- Positive Psychology tools and techniques for making change happen
The Dynamic Toolkit Programme in partnership with Homelesslink
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £1,840
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am