Homelessness law, practice and the Homelessness Reduction Act
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector who are working with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, who need support to navigate what statutory duties their clients may be owed by the council.
What will you learn?
This course will:
- Describe the key duties owed by the Council including the new duties of the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Identify how to make a homeless application to the Council plus when and how they investigate.
- Outline the duties owed to prevent and relieve homelessness and how they are brought to an end.
- Consider the requirements for carrying out an assessment of housing needs and producing personal housing plans.
- Discuss the five key areas investigated: eligibility for assistance, homelessness, priority need, intentionality and local connection.
- Evaluate how to best support clients achieve their best housing outcome.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £850 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,200 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
22 Jun 2021 - 8:34am
15 May 2021 - 8:38am
12 Apr 2021 - 3:00pm