Housing law: occupancy and security of tenure
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to update their skills.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the common types of occupancy (housing status) in rented accommodation.
- Be able to identify the basic rights and responsibilites afforded to each type of occupier.
- Have explored the legal process required to take possession of a property.
- Recognise and understand the documents commonly used in possession proceedings.
- Be able to identify and apply options available at each stage of the possession process.
- Be able to identify strategies to delay the loss of accommodation.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £850 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,200 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expense
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
22 Dec 2020 - 10:25am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
4 Feb 2019 - 3:15pm