This course is similar to the Introduction to Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care course for frontline staff but is aimed specifically at operational and senior managers.
Strengths-Based Practice: an introduction
This course will teach delegates how to incorporate Strengths-Based values and principles into their work; it will enable them to recognise, and build on, the strengths of the people they work with. The course will help delegates to develop practical next steps to make existing processes and practice more Strengths-Based. The session will also look at common misconceptions about the approach and how to challenge and overcome them.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of Strengths-Based Practice.
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have direct client contact
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a Strengths-Based way.
What will you learn?
- Understand what Strengths-Based practice is
- Be able to recognise deficit based practice
- Be able to identify strengths of the people you work with
- Understand how to implement elements of Strengths-Based Practice in your service
- Understand how Strengths-Based approaches interact with other practices and processes.
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation and a further reading list.
This course was created in partnership with MIND.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered over three dates
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5 hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £825 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Non members face to face: £1,175 plus Trainer expenses
Non members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
22 Dec 2020 - 10:25am
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm