Housing First Coordinator
We are seeking a Housing First Coordinator to join our team.
Housing First provides person centred, strengths based support to a small group of Housing First residents and potential residents. Housing First works with single people who have various and/or extended experiences of rough sleeping and who may have multiple and complex challenges which have historically made finding, securing and maintaining accommodation extremely difficult.
All aspects of the role are informed by core Housing First Principles:
1. People have a right to a home
2. Support is provided as long as it is needed.
3. Housing and Support are separate.
4. Individuals have choice and control.
5. Strengths Based, goal and aspiration oriented approach.
6. Active engagement approach is used.
7. A harm reduction approach is used.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with a small caseload of Housing First participants to enable person- centred support promoting choice and wellbeing.
- Actively engaging participants who may have a history of disengaging from services, through adaptive, flexible practices which are resilient to challenges and rejections.
- Promoting system change by supporting individuals previously deemed ‘un-housable’ into their own homes, providing the support necessary to maintain their tenancy and sustain their home.
- To collaborate with the Connect Team to provide flexible, compassionate, community based services that promote stability, recovery and community reintegration of individuals.
- Ensuring Connected Housing First continues to develop with high fidelity to the Core Principles.
- Working with Housing First participants to help them articulate their goals and aspirations offering personal, therapeutic and emotional support in appropriate community settings, including home visits.
- Delivering wrap-around intensive, trauma informed support to people with multiple and complex challenges to create long term sustainable tenancies, increasing independence and maximising connectivity with the local community.
- To identify barriers of accommodation and managing tenancies, providing support including practical help with benefits, budgeting, furniture, neighbour relations and liaising with landlords.
- With the agreement of Housing First participants, to liaise with other agencies to facilitate support including substance misuse and recovery, offending and criminal justice, mental health, Adult social care, debt, domestic abuse, welfare and housing benefits, employment and training.
- Maintaining accurate, up to date records manually or electronically on the chosen case management system to understand progress and to collect outcomes information. Creating support and safety plans when appropriate and ensuring confidentiality.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate effective working relationships with external partners and agencies, promoting effective communication with Housing First residents. Ensuring Connected Housing First is widely known and promoted in Mendip and Somerset.
- Supporting Housing First participants to access community resources, to develop positive peer networks and meaningful leisure opportunities.
- To adhere to good practice Safeguarding procedures with a positive risk taking approach to ensure the wellbeing of vulnerable people.
- To contribute to regular reports on the service evaluation project as required.
- To participate in reflective practice to support and enhance wellbeing in the workplace and personal development.