As the Team Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of a service. You will lead and inspire staff team and ensure that they are supported to deliver the highest standards of service delivery to customers. You will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, whilst ensuring that outcomes are achieved through the monitoring of Key Performance Indicators and budgets.
Evolve Housing + Support is a leading homelessness charity in London, providing housing and support to over 2,000 people each year.
We believe in building on people’s strengths, aspirations and goals to help break the cycle of homelessness and help them move forward with their lives.
We offer a programme of support tailored to meet people’s individual needs, including housing, employment and skills training, mentoring and counselling. We work with young parents and children at risk of exclusion to build the skills and resilience that can help prevent homelessness. We campaign to end street homelessness. We build affordable homes to help people move on to an independent life.
Our mission is to help children, young people and adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness reach their potential, and move on to live happy, fulfilled lives.
What to expect
As a Team Manager you will spend much of your time based at one service, however you will be expected to travel between sites and the local community to attend meetings and represent the organisation
Leading a team to deliver support work is challenging, exciting and at times frustrating. You will need to be prepared to cope with inevitable conflict and setbacks. Results are usually long term rather than immediate, so patience and perseverance are essential. Working within our asset based approach, your resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role.
On top of one to one meetings with your line manager, we offer access to an employee assistance programme and regular facilitated reflective practice sessions. We provide training to enable you to do your work and build your capabilities. We will set out a personal development plan with you to ensure you are supported to succeed in your role.
- To recruit, manage and lead staff ensuring that they are trained in their duties and undergo an annual review of their performance
- To set clear expectations of quality standards, work plans and targets for staff. Ensure staff are supported through regular one to ones, identifying and taking action on training and development needs as appropriate
- To manage capability, disciplinary, probationary and grievance procedures effectively
- To ensure all staff complete organisational and local induction
- To manage sickness absence and other absence in line with policy and procedure
- To ensure adequate staffing levels are in place across the service, through management of the rota, including bank and agency staff
- To ensure that regular team meetings are held and minuted
- To ensure all customers have a valid tenure and are inducted into the service,
- To manage throughput of customers in the service, ensuring the staff team are supported to meet targets around length of stay
- To effectively manage rent arrears and voids, and to maximise income
- Proactively manage neighbourhood relations, responding to any concerns when they occur.
Health and Safety
- To comply with and implement our Health and Safety policies, ensuring all inspections take place and are recorded
- To work within our fire safety policies, taking responsibility for the oversight of fire safety management within the service
- To proactively manage the safety and security of building(s), working alongside the facilities team to ensure any maintenance issues are quickly identified and addressed
- To ensure that all customers are provided with a high quality person centred service that aligns with our asset based approach
- To ensure customers views impact on the design and delivery of the service.
- To ensure all customers in the service are aware of their rights and responsibilities
- To ensure the service meets targets set out in the contract specification, as well as internal KPIs and compliance
- To produce accurate reports and data as requested and at specified intervals
- To manage incidents and safeguarding and to ensure action is taken and followed up where required.
- To develop and implement an annual work plan for the service that aligns with the directorate plan
- To promote and develop our community services, ensuring they are integrated throughout the service
Liaison with outside agencies
- Represent us on external bodies as appropriate to the remit of this post.
- To work collaboratively in a multi-agency setting to safeguard customers.
- Develop relationships with external partners to enhance service provision
- Financial management
- To monitor income and expenditure and ensure that the service keeps within set targets
- To ensure that financial procedures are maintained at all times in accordance with our procedures.
- To participate in annual budget preparation and monthly income and expenditure analysis through monitoring of management accounts
- To act in accordance with the aims of Evolve Housing + Support and implement and follow all of our policies and procedures
- To actively contribute to service and organisational meetings and steering groups.
- To work flexibly including evening or weekends where required.
- To participate in the managers on call system for all projects on a rolling rota basis.
- Any other duties within the scope of the post as directed by the Area Manager or other senior staff.
This job description provides an indication of the roles and responsibilities for the post of Team Manager, but should not be construed as an exclusive list of the duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
To further your development and knowledge you will be expected to attend training as necessary.