We are looking for an organised, motivated and engaged manager with the energy to set up a new harm reduction, residential centre for seven people who have recently experienced rough sleeping and who have problematic issues around drug and alcohol. This is a fantastic opportunity for a manager with experience in the drug and alcohol field to help create and establish a bespoke service based on a strength-based approach which simultaneously addresses homelessness and addiction in our efforts to reduce rough sleeping in Kingston upon Thames.
As the Service Manager, you will:
- Lead a team where care and compassion resonate throughout the service.
- Be responsible for directly managing the staff team and oversee their casework.
- Develop and manage positive partnerships with key agencies across Kingston.
- Be responsible for ensuring the finances of the service are well managed and that all relevant policies and legislation are followed.
- Work alongside the Operational Director and CEO to manage the service’s performance against contracts.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Strength-based and client-focussed.
- Able to organise the operations of a new, complex, busy service.
- A decisive and effective leader, invested in people, builds on the team’s strengths and leads by example.
- An excellent communicator, able to form and maintain effective working relationships with all partners.
KCAH is committed and driven to helping people who have experienced homelessness to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness in Kingston and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
As well as striving to always offer a great working environment, we also provide:
- Support to develop your leadership and strategic skills
- A contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays
KCAH is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity and we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
If you have any questions about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be week commencing 7th December 2020