Housing Services Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated and passionate manager to develop, grow and improve on our established Byron Road and Manor Road services in Worthing.
Established in 1991, Turning Tides is a community-led charity dedicated to ending homelessness. We empower homeless or insecurely housed individuals to achieve sustainable independent living.
We have gone from supporting a handful of people in the coastal town of Worthing to providing a range of services to over 1,700 people in Worthing, Adur, Littlehampton, Horsham and Mid-Sussex. We have over 5,000 supporters, 300 volunteers and 100 staff members.
We believe that everyone has the right to a home, regardless of the difficulties and issues they may face in their lives. We believe in showing people who need our help that they are not alone, that the wider community is there to support them and offer hope for a better future.
The services consist of Two large Victorian properties; the Byron Road service which provides 15 bed spaces, consisting of a large core house with rooms with shared communal resources and a separate annex building with self-contained units and disability access. While the Manor Road part of the service provides a lower support provision for individuals who require a lower level of support and are moving towards living independently.
You will be a high performing manager with experience of housing management and working with the complex issues associated with homelessness and social exclusion.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Operations, you will:
- Ensure that the service meets the needs of a diverse client group and continues to develop and adapt to meet changing needs.
- Support the development of Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE) in the service.
- With the Deputy Head of Operations, have the responsibility for ensuring the service is financially secure, delivered safely and effectively and meet all relevant legislative and safeguarding requirements.
- Have the experience, knowledge and skills required for the effective management and development of this service will be essential to this role. Included within this will be the responsibility for compliance, health and safety, continuity of service development and the development of effective systems for reporting and monitoring.
To join us as our Housing Services you will need:
- Housing management experience.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to drive results and innovation.
- Have a proven track record of successfully delivering high quality services coupled with the ability to mentor and coach teams, implement strategic developments and create positive impact.
- Good IT and data base skills.
A full job description and person specification along with an application form are available to download from our website.
To apply, please ensure that you send us a completed application form, which includes your responses to the shortlisting criteria listed in the Person Specification for this role, along with a completed Equal Opportunities Questionnaire; see our website vacancy page for these documents.
Please be advised that we will only accept applications made on our application form and do not accept CVs.
Interview date: Thursday 20 August 2020
No agencies please.
Turning Tides requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. Successful applicants (dependent on role) are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that we will only contact the candidates that have been shortlisted for interview. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful this time.