A multi-agency response: how can we work together to support those who use New Psychoactive Substances (NPS)?
Wednesday, 27 November 2019
Free Event | London, Bristol, Manchester & Leeds | November - March 2020
The aim of these free spotlight events is to give managers of homelessness and supported housing services the opportunity to look at what a multi-agency response could look like in relation to working with people who use New Psychoactive Substances.
This spotlight event is an opportunity for managers of homelessness and supported housing services to learn from other services who come into contact with people using NPS, to find out what challenges they face and to share good practice. It's a chance to work on solutions together, to ensure the support offered is joined-up and consistent across the country. This spotlight event will be run four times, once in London, Bristol, Manchester and Leeds.
- Looking at NPS use from the point of view of frontline staff, what do they see, how are they responding and what are the challenges they come up against?
- Can NPS be built into commissioning? Does it need a criminal or public health approach and what are the links between NPS use and complex trauma and poverty?
- A panel discussion with criminal justice, paramedic, substance misuse and mental health speakers. What challenges do the different services face? How can they work together to offer better support with a multi-agency response?
- Building your multi-agency response from a public health perspective.
- Who takes the lead on this approach? Will it be different by area?
- Who needs to be involved?
- How do you ensure the response keeps its focus as a public health issue?
- How do we ensure accountability and what does it look like?
- Internal Resourcing: What can you be responsible for?
- What resources do you currently have that are unique to your service?
- What could you acquire in the future with appropriate resourcing and training?
- What may be the challenges in adapting to meet NPS issues?
- How can you measure your positive impact on this issue?
More information about speakers to follow.
How to book
Please book your free place using the links below, if you have any questions regarding the event please email Laura Millward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This half-day event will start at 1pm and finish at 4:45pm.
London - 27th November 2019 - Book you place
Bristol - 29th January 2020 - Book your place
Manchester - 3rd February 2020 - Book your place
Leeds - 11th March 2020 - Book your place
Please see below for more information about the rest of the Key Groups training programme:
Non-UK Nationals and Domestic Abuse training (Shelter): email@example.com
LGBT training (Stonewall Housing): firstname.lastname@example.org
Modern Slavery training (Hestia): email@example.com
Homeless Link and Shelter working in partnership