St-Martin-in-the-Fields are recruiting for a Head of Communications. The main purpose of the role is to develop and deliver integrated communications and media strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver a cross-organisational comms strategy
- A key lead in the Charity's relationship with the BBC as one of three BBC partnership charities. Responsible for:
- Pitching for and delivering added value to BBC Radio 4 relationship - for example, additional broadcasts, online, editorial
- Scoping and pitching for increased BBC support beyond Radio 4
- A senior role in our BBC relationships and implementing effective and mutually beneficial ways of working
- Liaising with and developing shared plans with BBC Comms Team
- Manage public relations across the Charity including maximising key opportunities and developing communication plans and messaging
- Building and maintaining excellent relations with editors, journalists, commentators and media influencers
- Identifying media opportunities and developing strategies against key plans and new products - for example, Frontline Worker Survey, organisational reports, etc - enabling St Martin's Charity to influence key decision-makers
- Developing and delivering an external communications strategy, designed to engage with key stakeholders within the homelessness sector and beyond
- Providing communications expertise for key projects including developing insight-led and effective messaging
- Developing and implementing cross-organisational and product neutral branding and messaging in line with insight to increase brand awareness and engagement with key audiences
- Moving the Charity to one coherent and compelling brand identity and rolling this out across assets including websites, and away from competing sub-brands
- Leading on and influencing conversations across the wider St Martin's site, including development of any shared messaging and brand identity
- Senior oversight of our content, particularly our stories (case studies), supporting the Communications and Engagement Manager
- Developing and managing a high performing Communications Team, including team recruitment, resourcing and budget
- Acting as a member of Senior Management Team including advising on developing organisational policies and procedures as well as making evidence-led decisions
- Developing the written / online resources we provide to frontline workers in line with our strategic priorities
Deadline for receipt of completed applications: Sunday 21 August 2022, 11.59pm.
Interviews are expected to be held at St Martin-in-the-Fields the week beginning Monday 12 September 2022.