The 2018 UK group share good practice and learning about coordinated entry, rural homelessness, legislative theatre, multi-disciplinary outreach teams, and peer leadership. Our US colleagues, hosted in England and Wales, explore co-production, coordinated approaches, arts, veterans' services, and homelessness prevention.
Transatlantic Practice Exchange 2018
The Transatlantic Practice Exchange was supported by the Oak Foundation and delivered in partnership with the National Alliance to End Homelessness. In 2014 and 2016-18, the project funded annual placements for five frontline homelessness staff to spend a fortnight in the United States, exploring different practice topics and sharing this learning on their return. Each year, five participants from the US were also hosted by services here. The Exchange programme has aimed to inspire new approaches to ending homelessness, and to develop future leaders in the sector.
The 2018 UK participants were:
- Ed Addison, St Mungo's in London - responding to long-term street homelessness through multi-disciplinary outreach
- Flora Newbigin, Cardboard Citizens in London - using theatre to involve people with lived experience
- Rachel Inman, Elim Connect Centre in Wells - peer support and community involvement in rural homelessness settings
- Rachel Woolf, London - coordinated entry systems in rough sleeping responses
- Steven Barkess, VOICES in Stoke - involving people with lived experience in employment, peer specialist and strategic roles
And from the US:
- Cassy Westmoreland, United Way of Weld County - understanding Housing Act implementation, hosted by the Welsh Local Government Association in Swansea
- Jessica McKown, Allegheny County Dept of Human Services - the impact of co-production on positive outcomes, hosted by Expert Citizens in Stoke
- Lauren Dreyer, Integral Care - coordination and multi-agency working for better outcomes in criminal justice, hosted by Exeter CoLab
- Shahera Hyatt, California Homeless Youth Project - the impact of engaging people experiencing homelessness in the performing arts, hosted by the Booth Centre in Manchester
- Tramecia Garner, Swords to Plowshares - responses to veteran homelessness, hosted by Veterans Aid in London
You can download their reports below.
There are currently no more Transatlantic Practice Exchanges planned.
Share this page
25 Nov 2020 - 1:55pm
8 Oct 2020 - 9:00am
14 Sep 2020 - 12:00am