Resources and training to support assertive street outreach
Outreach Contact & Support
This training was funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) as part of the Rough Sleeping Initiative (RSI) to reduce the number of people sleeping rough in England.
Developed by Homeless Link with contributions from member organisations and people with lived experience of street outreach.
Who is this course for?
This training is suitable for anyone looking to deliver effective support interventions and achieve positive outcomes for people sleeping rough.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Able to plan and carry out outreach shift, including safety/risk assessment and welfare checks
- Understands what is meant by assertive and person-centred support
- Able to describe common routes on to the streets and common support needs of people sleeping rough
- Able to recognise and respond to individual needs
- Able to describe a range of potential support offers to end rough sleeping
Content: shift planning, safety, urban/rural outreach, routes to the street, common support issues, what assertive outreach means in practice, needs assessment and support planning.
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation, the workbook and case studies.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
22 Oct 2019 - 3:10pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am