Organisations that support vulnerable people must ensure that the rights and interests of individuals are respected and that the work undertaken by staff fully reflects this. Mistakes can have serious consequences. This course will explain how you should manage professional boundaries in your daily work.
Complex trauma and Trauma Informed Care for managers
Along with information about Complex Trauma and its impact, the course provides delegates with an understanding of why implementing TIC is necessary, are introduced to an organisational self-assessment tool and are given the opportunity to reflect on wider organisational systems and procedures. Delegates will also be given information about how to recognise vicarious/secondary trauma within their team and how they will support their staff to implement learning from their own training.
Who is this course for?
- Operational and Senior Managers looking to implement TIC across their team or organisation
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a Psychologically Informed way.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Have had an introduction to Trauma Informed Care and understand the need for trauma-informed services
- Have had an introduction to Complex Trauma and understand the impact it has on you and your team
- Understand what Vicarious Trauma is, how to spot it and ways to look after yourself and your team
- Be able to see your organisation through the lens of trauma – a chance to reflect on learning
Delegates will be provided with a handbook of resources.
Please note that, due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. It is essential that they are aware of the course content beforehand, in order to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
One day course
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
I really enjoyed the training and the subject matter, it was really well presented and Jo was brilliant, very friendly and informative. I would attend again and am interested in pursuing this further.Sara Cockrill,
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am