Drug and alcohol use: an introduction
Who is this course for?
For managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Recognise the signs of drug and alcohol use
- Know how to reduce a client's distress after they have used drugs or alcohol
- Know how to help a client in adopting safe substance use practices
- Know how to help a client in reducing drug and alcohol use
- Know how to refer a client to relevant support services
- Understand the wider problems faced by clients as a result of drug and alcohol use
- Be able to help your colleagues reflect on their own values, priorities, interestes and effectiveness in dealing with drug and alcohol use among clients
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150