Managing conflict, violence and aggressive situations
Check your diary
This course provides practical advice to help you deal with verbal abuse, threats and aggression from service users. You will pick up techniques that can be adapted for use in you work place and learn both pre-emptive strategies and positive action that can be taken when an incident is taking place.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for frontline staff and volunteers in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- be able to recognise violence & aggression
- understand the difference between conflict and crisis management
- understand the ‘fight or flight’ response
- have a range of methods to safely manage your own reactions
- know how to manage cooperative and uncooperative clients
- know how to manage conflict in a range of working situations
- know how small changes to your working environment can improve your safety
- understand effective post incident management
- have prepared an action plan to help you get going after the course
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
"Just wanted to say how much we all enjoyed the training and how relevant it was for us."Project Manager, Streetwise Opera