Mental health and homelessness
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand different definitions and models of mental illness and disorder
- Understand the risk factors involved in poor mental health including past trauma and homelessness
- Better recognise the signs and symptoms of the major mental health problems
- Recognise the ways in which mental health services are structured and potential routes into them
- Be aware of services, treatments and other sources of help that may be available in their locality
- Be aware of good practice in supporting and communicating with people with mental health problems
- Be aware of the main legal issues affecting those who are homeless and suffering from mental illness
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £850 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,200 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expense
Share this page
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
21 Sep 2021 - 4:05pm
29 Jun 2021 - 10:40am
22 Jun 2021 - 8:34am