Navigating mental health services
If you support people with mental health needs the process of getting help from specialist services can be confusing. This course will help you to build relationships with your local mental health teams and show you how to make appropriate referrals to the right service.
Who is this course for?
For frontline staff, keyworkers and their managers who regularly work with clients who have mental health issues
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
• Understand the recent changes to mental health provision and understand how your local mental health services are funded
• Understand clients’ mental health needs
• Understand the distress continuum
• Learn how to build relationships with your local mental health teams
• Understand when to refer a client to mental health services
• Understand how to make an appropriate referral to the relevant service
• Understand how to work with clients with mental health issues in a hostel/supported housing
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150