Practical skills in risk management
This course will help you to understand the importance of risk assessment in your work. You will learn how to identify and eliminate risks and how to undertake risk assessment effectively.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- know about the requirements contained in the Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) relating to risk assessment and planning (standard C1.1 Assessment and Support Planning)
- understand the legal framework around risk management
- understand why risk assessment is an important tool in ensuring a safe working environment
- understand your responsibilities in relation to confidentiality and partnership working
- understand the implications of equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practise in relation to risk assessment.
- understand the meaning of key terms associated with risk, hazards, and control.
- know about the key skills and processes needed to implement a risk assessment and risk management process
- understand when, and how, appropriate and sustainable risks should be taken
- have practiced carrying out a client-focused risk assessment that is safe and not risk adverse
- have developed a personal action plan to help you get going after the course
Please note that this course will not address environmental or building hazards such as COSHH and electrical safety regulations.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150