Preventing evictions, abandonment and exclusions
Unplanned moves from hostel accommodation and other supported housing projects (in the form of evictions and abandonment) often result in people returning to street homelessness. Repeat homelessness for this very vulnerable client group could be prevented, resulting in better outcomes for homeless people and cost savings for the agencies that support them.
Reducing evictions is essential for those managing hostels and supported housing as this is a key requirement of many funders.
Who is this course for?
aimed at frontline staff and managers involved in the housing management process in all forms of supported housing.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use housing management procedures as an opportunity to plan for success
- Manage residents' behaviour effectively
- Get the best out of joint working
- Understand and use good practice from the homelessness sector
- Use key communication skills such as negotiation and feedback
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
Great training, lots of simple tools to implement changeLyndsey Sanderson, Doorway