Supporting people: Engage and empower
This course will give you the practical skills needed to help clients improve self awareness, build motivation and self-esteem, break free from unhelpful behavioural patterns, and take responsibility for their actions and choices.
A mixture of training methods is used on this course. You will explore typical problems faced by professionals that work with vulnerable people, such as the tendency to attribute “blame” on to others and resistance to pro-activity. The blend of approaches is designed to ensure that you will gain insights that are of immediate, practical use in your everyday working life.
Who is this course for?
Frontline staff seeking new techniques for motivating and engaging clients
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- use strategies and techniques that can be replicated in keyworking sessions
- identify barriers to motivation
- understand some of the techniques associated with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- implement effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- understand the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- use self development exercises and confidence-building techniques for staff as well as clients
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
I have really gained a lot from today's training, which I will be applying in my daily activities, both at work and at home.Delegate who attended, Engage & Empower, 30th June