Motivational Interviewing & Support
This course merges the counselling and communication principles of motivational interviewing with the practicalities of delivering support to help clients achieve their goals.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Know the theory, philosophy and spirit underpinning motivational interviewing.
- Know an applicable range of models of change.
- Have practised a range of communication skills including;
- Reflective listening
- Rapport building
- Know the pitfalls of motivational interviewing and how they can be avoided.
- Know the process by which change occurs, and the role of workers in assisting movement through the application of motivational interviewing techniques.
- Understand how motivational interviewing could be used to support client change.
- Know how to apply a range of practical strategies to promote client engagement.
- Describe the principle reasons clients are reluctant or ambivalent about engage with the assessment or services.
- Have made an outline personal action plan to implement the learning.
Face to face: Two-day course that can be split over a two week period
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules
Costs for two-day face to face course or Three 1.5 hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £1,625 plus Trainer expenses
Members online £850 - no Trainer expenses
Associate members face to face: £1,865 plus Trainer expenses
Associate members online: £970 - no Trainer expenses
Non members face to face: £2,325 plus Trainer expenses
Non members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses