Develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to positively engage with the people you support, and to help them make real and sustainable changes in their lives.
Dual Needs and Homelessness
Who is this course for?
For managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be able to understand the main points in the relationship between alcohol, drugs, mental health and homelessness.
- Understand different models and approaches used in working with this user group.
- Have enhanced assessment and intervention skills particular to this field of work.
- Have learned about the use of Motivational Interviewing as a technique with this user group.
- Have discussed ways of overcoming the ‘chicken and egg’ dilemma often faced when trying to access services for this user group.
- Have practiced some of the recommended skills and approaches in working with people with dual needs.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
The course was absolutely fantastic. The trainer was very informative and made the topic very accessible.Claudene Cetinoglu, Crisis